We collect and handle lots of personal data so that we can deliver services to people and businesses in Hackney.
This privacy notice applies to any personal data collected by us or on our behalf, by any format – phone, letter, email, online, or face to face.
We collect and handle data to:
- provide the service you’ve asked for – eg if you apply for a parking permit we will use your data to process this application
- confirm your identity and eligibility when you apply for services
- stay in contact with you eg if you sign up to one of our newsletters to get information about services
- fulfil legal obligations such as licensing, trading standards and planning enforcement
- provide information to government, when the law says we need to
- assess our performance, ensure value for money, and to set targets for departments
- to detect and prevent fraud and crime